The InfoConnect product suite enables bidirectional near real time integration capabilities between IBM i (AS400, iSeries) based key business systems, and major integration platforms such as Mulesoft, Confluent Kafka, and AWS. The main rationale is to provide a simple, lightweight, intuitive, easy to implement and affordable tooling that requires little to no specialized IBM i knowledge and custom coding.
The primary use cases include:
- Surfacing the IBM i business logic and data via standard REST API
- Near real time IBM i data replication to external applications, data and analytics platforms
- Event streaming from and to the IBM i based applications
The connectors implement the same 4 core operations:
- Program Call - ability to call IBM i program or service program and exchange the parameters
- Command Call - ability to execute IBM i system command
- Data Queue Read - continuously listen for IBM i messages or read a queue by the key
- Data Queue Write - produce a message and place to IBM i Data Queue
These operations, coupled with other out of the box capabilities of the integration platforms, offer a quick and easy way for companies to build standards based APIs and event processing flows with their IBM i based core systems of record.