Three Connectors for Optimized Integrations
Infoview System’s newest suite of enterprise grade connectors enable complete integration solutions between the Confluent Apache Kafka ecosystem and the IBM i (previously known as IBM i (AS/400) or iSeries). The product suite includes three connectors that support both Avro and JSON format:
- IBM i (AS/400) Data Queue Source Connector – Reads data from the IBM i data queue and publishes it to Kafka Topic. The connector also polls data periodically from the IBM i data queue and writes to Kafka Topic.
- IBM i (AS/400) Data Queue Sink Connector – Reads data from Kafka Topic and publishes it to the IBM i data queue by guaranteeing exactly-once delivery. This Sink Connector periodically polls the data from Kafka Topic and publishes it to the IBM i data queue.
- IBM i (AS/400) Program Call Sink Connector – Features enriched functionality of the Data Queue Sink Connector. It polls data periodically from Kafka Topic, writes it to the IBM i data queue, and calls IBM i programs. Additionally, it has the capability of mapping the program call parameters with the Kafka Topic data objects after program call output is sent back to another output Kafka Topic.
Supported by the connector suite, complete integrations can be achieved between the IBM i and other systems such as SAP, SalesForce, or an external database.
Common integration and streaming use cases of the IBM i (AS/400) Kafka Connectors:
- Extract data from the data queue periodically and send it to other systems with data format conversions.
- Stream IBM i data changes to external systems in near real-time
- Execute IBM i business logic from Kafka Ecosystems with program call parameters, mapping, and sending the output back to other systems with the help of the IBM i (AS/400) Data Queue Sink Connector.
Delivery and support
The Kafka Connector Suite is available for download on the Confluent Hub. The suite requires a subscription-based license that is available directly through Infoview Systems. For sales inquiries, support, or additional product information, please contact Infoview Systems here.
About Infoview Systems
We are the Confluent go-to technology partners for IBM i integrations and connector certifications. Our highly efficient professional services team has a strong focus on customer business outcomes, and long-term care, and leverages a unique combination of legacy and modern platform expertise.